Skip to content

The LDS Coloring Pages Index is Complete!

… well, or almost complete. I suppose it will never be done because new issues of the Friend magazine will have coloring pages. Then someday the Primary manuals will be re-written… horrors… more work to do!

For now I have finished the indexing of coloring pages in the Friend back to 1971 and the current Primary manuals. I am looking forward next Sunday to beginning my new Sabbath hobby: FamilySearch Indexing.

Also, I will try to occasionally post here items of LDS interest.

If I become forgetful and get behind on the newest issues of the Friend, please let me know.

As always, your comments are welcome below.

~~Matia Bryson

12 Comments

1. Natalie wrote:

Matia, thank you, thank you, thank you! This truly is an incredible service that you have done. A few years back I was serving as the chorister in Primary and the Stake encouraged us to only use visual aids from official church sources. I can’t tell you what I would have done to have this resource then. I now find myself as a nursery leader and a mom of a 4 and 2 year old and as you can imagine, I will gratefully reap the benefits of all your hard work. I can’t thank you enough.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 9:03 pm | Permalink
  2. Matia Bryson wrote:

Thanks so much, Natalie. I am so glad you find the index useful.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 at 9:23 pm | Permalink
  3. Sharlynn T. wrote:

Thank you for the time and effort you have put into this page. Teaching Sunbeams I try to create coloring pages that reinforce the principle we learn each week. Since finding your page I have been able to copy pictures and create the perfect page for each lesson. Thank you!

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 8:55 pm | Permalink
  4. Matia Bryson wrote:

You’re welcome, Sharlynn.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 8:58 pm | Permalink
  5. Raven B wrote:

Wow, I am so thrilled to have found your coloring pages index. It is an amazing resource that I am sure I will be using all the time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Permalink
  6. Matia Bryson wrote:

You’re welcome. I am so glad it is useful to you.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:35 pm | Permalink
  7. Wow Matia,

Talk about a labor of love. I’ve been perusing coloring page blogs this morning, and this one comes up near the top for the search term “coloring page blog,” forget the fact that you’re focusing only LDS coloring pages published in the Friend Magazine. I guess, you’ve included primary manuals here as well. Glad I took the time to actually read what you were doing here, or what you have done.

Thanks,
    Brent

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Permalink
  8. MABEL wrote:

HELLO , I JSUT WANT TO SAY THENK YOU FOR ALL YOUR TIME FOR DOING THIS, I USE THEM A LOT AND I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME BROKEN LINKS IN THE COLORING PAGES, WELL NOT ACTUALLY BROKEN IT JUST SAY THAT IT IS AN INVALID REQUEST, I THINK CHURCH SITE MOVED THEIR LINKS AND THAT IS WHY WE CANT ACCESS TO SOME OF THEM, HERE IS ONE FOR EXAMPLE
    http://ldscoloringpages.net/carpsearchresults.php?q=REVERENCE (CLIC ON OCTOBER 1992) I HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT THE PROBLEM!!!! THANKS
    MABEL

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink
  9. Dennis Reese wrote:

My wife and I teach the 7/8 year olds. We have used you site for years and love it. Today when I tried to use it I got an invalid request response when I clicked on a link. I hope it is a quickly fixable bug as we prefer your site to all others for material for the kids.
    Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Permalink
  10. Matia Bryson wrote:

Thanks, I will check it out. Yep, changes to the site keeps me on my toes. At least I do try to tell you what Friend month, year and page number you can find the coloring page on, so at least you can try to navigate to it on the lds.org.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Permalink
  11. Matia Bryson wrote:

Thanks so much for your kind comment. About the invalid request: that kind of stuff happens sometimes. It seems to be working now.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Permalink
  12. Melinda wrote:

Just wanted to pop over and tell you what a blessing your LDS Coloring pages index is. Thank you so much for what must be/have been and incredible amount of work.

Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Permalink